Tuesday, November 19, 2002
my friend is bummed because she was decieved by another friend (who was a guy...) She said he was really mean and a jerk, and I thought "wow this is total deja vu only it's her instead of me" What can i say? A word of advice to my friends- Take guys at face value only, unless you have a really really good reason. I mean, no offense to all the guys out there, but you do stupid things. And so do we, but it bothers us sooooo much more when guys lose they're good name with us. I'm not talking about if a girl has a supernaturally high opinion of (the image of) a guy and then loses it because he acts like the immature adolescent he is. No, I'm talking about friends. I have several guy friends that I have known a looooong time. They're still not totally mature(and neither am I), and they might never be(ditto), but I don't lose it when they screw up, and they don't lose it when i screw up. But, they have never done anything to permantently damage my high opinion of them. I on the other hand have done the worst thing I could possibly do, and knocked down several people’s high opinions of me. I really don’t like remembering what I did, because it was very very badly done. I don’t think I’ll tell the specifics, but it involved me invading someone’s elses privacy, and then saying horrible lies about them. May God forgive me(he already has). Incidentally, the person I did it to was a boy.
So, what you may conclude from this is:
1) you should listen to me, because what I have done is the very thing I am warning guys and girls against, something to ruin a good reputation (that is the reputation of a good person) i know what it can cost.
2) I beg of you, don’t dispel your good names for anything, not revenge or money or popularity or anger or even for another friend
3) take heart when a good name is spoiled, have hope in the opposite gender, remember that when we are all about 25, we’ll be more mature than we are now
4) if we all respected each other, we’d take each other much more seriously.
So, what you may conclude from this is:
1) you should listen to me, because what I have done is the very thing I am warning guys and girls against, something to ruin a good reputation (that is the reputation of a good person) i know what it can cost.
2) I beg of you, don’t dispel your good names for anything, not revenge or money or popularity or anger or even for another friend
3) take heart when a good name is spoiled, have hope in the opposite gender, remember that when we are all about 25, we’ll be more mature than we are now
4) if we all respected each other, we’d take each other much more seriously.