Tuesday, January 25, 2005
"Gone tomorrow, here today..."
I'm a little angry at something right now. It might pass. We'll see.
Also, besides this I'm angry at myself. I'm like an alcoholic, only instead of wine, I gorge myself on the printed page. ACK! I read a 500 page book in 3 hours tonight, effectively knocking out any good studying time, and quite possibly endangering my chances of going to LOS tomorrow. Why? Why can't I get out of a book once I'm immersed in it? What drives me to keep reading until the end, even when I don't want to keep reading or know I shouldn't be. I wasn't even really reading. I was assimilating. I hate it when I skim, and I do it all the time, compulsively. I've avoided the library for so long (for like 2 MONTHS), fearing this very thing and now when my sister casually suggests that I look at a book, I just fall to and can't stop.... And now I'm completely burned out from all this new information I just "downloaded" and I have a big final tomorrow and need sleep. And even now, I'm driven to rant at you, my poor audience.
Sorry.
Also, besides this I'm angry at myself. I'm like an alcoholic, only instead of wine, I gorge myself on the printed page. ACK! I read a 500 page book in 3 hours tonight, effectively knocking out any good studying time, and quite possibly endangering my chances of going to LOS tomorrow. Why? Why can't I get out of a book once I'm immersed in it? What drives me to keep reading until the end, even when I don't want to keep reading or know I shouldn't be. I wasn't even really reading. I was assimilating. I hate it when I skim, and I do it all the time, compulsively. I've avoided the library for so long (for like 2 MONTHS), fearing this very thing and now when my sister casually suggests that I look at a book, I just fall to and can't stop.... And now I'm completely burned out from all this new information I just "downloaded" and I have a big final tomorrow and need sleep. And even now, I'm driven to rant at you, my poor audience.
Sorry.