Green Cheese. Whirlwind of Kleenex <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Gubernatorial race 

This election is really ticking me off, and I didn't even vote in it. First there is the close count and recount- which Rossi won both times. Then there was Gregoire (well, not so much her as the democratic party) contesting that and paying for a third recount. What really gets to me was the judge who ruled that mismarked ballots could be counted if the "voter's intent" was plain. Come on people, we all pass the stupid WASL to learn how to fill in little bubbles, don't we? If you can't vote correctly, your vote shouldn't be counted at all. So of course Gregoire wins that time. And now there will be another recount. But meanwhile there is now contradiction between the number of registered voters and the number of ballots counted. Something like 3500 votes more than there are registered voters (this is what my mom says, anywho). AND, there is at least one instance of a known dead person who "voted." Hmm. I wonder who he voted for? And of course some loud democrats and our fair, unbiased media is calling for Rossi to concede, whereas a few weeks ago, when the Republicans were calling for Gregoire to concede they all said they would fight.

This makes me sick. I feel like our state is disgraced, because we can't hold a fair election. We were talking about it at dinner, and my dad said something I agreed with: "I wouldn't mind if she won, as long as it was fair and square." Indeed.

I wish I could do something besides blog, but what?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?