Green Cheese. Whirlwind of Kleenex <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 27, 2005

speaking of which... 

Amy Dee has referred to an event that happened almost exactly a year ago and which was documented in this old post. It's so funny and I remember it quite clearly. (By the way, I thiink the little girl was Ellen and the bandmember she liked was Brett!!)

I've been looking over my old posts and archives and I see shocking changes-even from last year. I'm glad, because I wanted to change, and still do. Change hurts. At its best it is only uncomfortable, and at its worst it is terrible, terrible, excruciating pain. But I desire it greatly. This reminds me of something I wrote a few weeks ago. I think I'll post it...

(untitled)
What if I never changed?
what if I stayed the same, the same forever
what might happen if I never grew?
A stagnant pool
A stagnant future

do leaves fall if the wind is silent?
fall to the ground
if the tree never stirs

and if i didn't want to be that way
changed my name
changed my colors
wanting to be something else so much
would you shake me up
shake me up now

be the wind in my branches
the tune in my head
a new song...forever

root me far into you
the earth turning below
for you never change

(and He never does change, does he? It's only our perception of Him that changes. Praise God who is making me new every morning, according to his tender mercies!)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?