Green Cheese. Whirlwind of Kleenex <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 08, 2005

A great many outlandish things concerning the letter "R" 

I have not always liked the letter R. When I was a young, ungainly girl of few years, I always thought it was a cheap cross of P and B, and couldn't make up its mind what it was, or what it wanted to be. Lowercase was no better, for what was it besides a stick with another stick sticking out of the first stick? However, now that I am older and more full of years, I have begun to cautiously see the benefits of keepin the letter R in the alphabet. After all, without R there would be none of these words: Rough, Rugged, Rocks, Ragged, Rascal, Rudely, Ran. Or, for that matter, words that also contain R's would be quite changed. "Trees" would become "Tees" (something we don't need more of), "Butter" would become "Butte," and "Antidisenstablishmentarianism" (the only word to ever inspire wondering, confused tears in my eyes) would be one poignant letter less. Considering these horrible alternatives presented to myself, I am forced to admit the letter "R" does have some uses after all.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?