Wednesday, February 15, 2006
"It happens all the time, when I open my eyes. I'm still taken by surprise..."
(Eisley)
Beauty surrounds me. It is in my eyes. It is on my tongue (mmm...happy obligatory chocolate day, or singles awareness day, as you will). It is at my fingertips. And most of all, it is in my ears.
I remember the first time. It was a Choral Arts concert my freshman year. They filed in and opened their mouths. The conductor gestured, and they sang. And I knew.
I just knew. I remember thinking "this is what I want to do forever."
And as freshman and sophmore year rolled along into obilivion, I realized it with increasing certainty. And after this year, after my incredible experiences with Seattle Children's chorus, I know it even more. I get giddy when I hear the songs, whether vocally or in my head. Giddy. And SO thankful (after all, how much am I going to love heaven, if much of it is singing! And meanwhile, God has created this breathtaking thing called choral music!).
I just know, you know?
Beauty surrounds me. It is in my eyes. It is on my tongue (mmm...happy obligatory chocolate day, or singles awareness day, as you will). It is at my fingertips. And most of all, it is in my ears.
I remember the first time. It was a Choral Arts concert my freshman year. They filed in and opened their mouths. The conductor gestured, and they sang. And I knew.
I just knew. I remember thinking "this is what I want to do forever."
And as freshman and sophmore year rolled along into obilivion, I realized it with increasing certainty. And after this year, after my incredible experiences with Seattle Children's chorus, I know it even more. I get giddy when I hear the songs, whether vocally or in my head. Giddy. And SO thankful (after all, how much am I going to love heaven, if much of it is singing! And meanwhile, God has created this breathtaking thing called choral music!).
I just know, you know?