Monday, February 06, 2006
Math class musings...
I was supposed to be working on problems related to population parameters and sample proportions. Instead, I wrote this:
I hold on very tightly to myself. After all, what if I slipped away? It seems sometimes that I am a tiny speck on the edge of a great black whorling darkness. While this void is all around me, I am clinging to the one iota of life and light and brilliance that I possess. It is now that I am told to let that mite of self go. And it is now that I say very deperately and haltingly, "help my unbelief, O Lord, and do not tarry as you come to my deliverance."
I hold on very tightly to myself. After all, what if I slipped away? It seems sometimes that I am a tiny speck on the edge of a great black whorling darkness. While this void is all around me, I am clinging to the one iota of life and light and brilliance that I possess. It is now that I am told to let that mite of self go. And it is now that I say very deperately and haltingly, "help my unbelief, O Lord, and do not tarry as you come to my deliverance."