Green Cheese. Whirlwind of Kleenex <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 05, 2007

For the past week, I've been listening to Deas Vail. Last Friday I played their cd five times. They have a clean, energetic sound, and the singer is classically trained, so his pitch is excellent. I really, really, like them. Creds to Ruth for finding them!

Here they are on PureVolume. My current favorites are Light As Air, Surface, and Shoreline.
They're also on Myspace.

Eisley has an acoustic, all ages show at the Crocodile on July 23rd. I'm hoping to go. Really hoping. Their new album is out in August. They're another band Ruth introduced me too, the last time she visited. More creds to her... agh! I'm really going to miss her. She's waltzing off to Austria. We recorded some stuff while she was here last time, and decided that we are forming a band. Unfortunately, our music making is hampered by the fact that she will be in Austria and then Latvia until next year. Still...

By the way, I just made up that use of "creds." I can't decide if it should be short for credential, or credibility. Either way, it's better (*she types with a snobbish twist of her brow*) than "props" or "snaps" or other such acclaiming slang.

That seems to be all for the present moment. Enjoy the sun.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?