Sunday, August 19, 2007
WEIRD!
My dad is watching "The Host," which is a strange, Korean sci-fi/horror movie about a killer virus creature intent on devouring everything in its path.
Oh yeah. It's Korean, but it's dubbed. By very young sounding Americans. So from where I am sitting, with my back to the tv screen, it just sounds WEIRD! And when I look around at the Koreans on screen moving their mouths in different rhythms than what I hear, it looks WEIRD!
Tonight was the concert of the summer choir I was in. It was not WEIRD! It was wonderful. I really, really like choral music... Perhaps a cross-reference/analogy might help. Choral music is to Lauren what the Velvet Teen are to Amy . Does this make me WEIRD!?
I don't think so.
Oh yeah. It's Korean, but it's dubbed. By very young sounding Americans. So from where I am sitting, with my back to the tv screen, it just sounds WEIRD! And when I look around at the Koreans on screen moving their mouths in different rhythms than what I hear, it looks WEIRD!
Tonight was the concert of the summer choir I was in. It was not WEIRD! It was wonderful. I really, really like choral music... Perhaps a cross-reference/analogy might help. Choral music is to Lauren what the Velvet Teen are to Amy . Does this make me WEIRD!?
I don't think so.