Wednesday, December 05, 2007
The horror, the horror...
I am taking my finals this week.
My first one was today, in my Survey of Music Literature class. It went decently. Not brilliantly, but decently.
Tomorrow I have two, but then it will be over. Usem and Music Theory.
I don't think I've talked about my USem much, but it may have changed my life (Then again, I say/think that about a lot of things). Anyway, it has given me so much to think about and digest and work out in my life. The course is on cultural encounters, and recently, we have been learning about Liberation Theology (God wants to free the poor and oppressed from economic, as well as spiritual, poverty and bondage. Very popular in Latin America). It is quite different from how I, as a wealthy, secure, full-bellied, well-clothed Westerner look at the Bible.
I like the class so much, but I'm stressed about the final, because we have to write an essay for it, as well as short answers. I have a sinking feeling in my gut, and I haven't been sleeping very well the past two nights. I've been writing a lot, though, as a de-stressor. I think in the last three days, I've covered five pages in my journal.
My first one was today, in my Survey of Music Literature class. It went decently. Not brilliantly, but decently.
Tomorrow I have two, but then it will be over. Usem and Music Theory.
I don't think I've talked about my USem much, but it may have changed my life (Then again, I say/think that about a lot of things). Anyway, it has given me so much to think about and digest and work out in my life. The course is on cultural encounters, and recently, we have been learning about Liberation Theology (God wants to free the poor and oppressed from economic, as well as spiritual, poverty and bondage. Very popular in Latin America). It is quite different from how I, as a wealthy, secure, full-bellied, well-clothed Westerner look at the Bible.
I like the class so much, but I'm stressed about the final, because we have to write an essay for it, as well as short answers. I have a sinking feeling in my gut, and I haven't been sleeping very well the past two nights. I've been writing a lot, though, as a de-stressor. I think in the last three days, I've covered five pages in my journal.