Sunday, June 08, 2008
I am in the house alone
Trees are knocking 'gainst the window.
Floors are creaking, even when I move slow.
It's so cold and I know
I am in the house alone.
I'm huddled up in my blankets.
All the lights are on, and they won't let me rest
and I've tried to sleep but I can't.
The night grows darker yet.
TV's blaring from the doorway,
but it can't say what you needed me to say:
It's just a mistake. Why did I send you away?
When I- I should have begged you to stay.
Floors are creaking, even when I move slow.
It's so cold and I know
I am in the house alone.
I'm huddled up in my blankets.
All the lights are on, and they won't let me rest
and I've tried to sleep but I can't.
The night grows darker yet.
TV's blaring from the doorway,
but it can't say what you needed me to say:
It's just a mistake. Why did I send you away?
When I- I should have begged you to stay.